Title: Assembly Production Team Member
Reports to: Production Team Leader/Manufacturing Manager
EEO Category: Laborers and Helpers
The primary role of a Production Team Member is to work as a team member to assemble products consisting of different components to form a complete piece as per a Standard Work Practice. Participates in the process improvement teams and programs.
Hours of Position: Monday – Friday, 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles products by hand repetitively.
- Generally work with their hands only but may be required to work with tools and equipment.
- Must ensure minimal wastage for material and time
- Perform assigned tasks and functions in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Make sure workstations are clean and free of hazardous materials.
- Inspects assembled products to ensure they are up to Quality standards.
- Reports issues or problems with production to Team Leader.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Pays close attention to details
- Possesses physical dexterity necessary to assemble small production parts
- Hand agility is very important
- Must to able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Demonstrates analytical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary to troubleshoot production issues
- Is familiar with all company safety procedures and guidelines
- Is able to identify problems or malfunctions with equipment used
Education & Experience
- High school diploma – GED
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods
Compensation & Benefit Consideration
PDI offers all Team Members a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan as well as a positive and family-centered work environment. The following items will be provided as compensation and benefits for this position.
Base pay and Benefits
- An annual base salary commensurate with experience will be provided
- All benefits of full-time employment including medical, dental, and vision insurance for the team member and dependents are available.
- Benefits are provided in compliance with the company’s Summary Plan Description and contribution rates for team members and dependents are determined annually. The benefit waiting period is 60 days.
- Participation in PDI’s 401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% match of the team member’s gross income. The benefit waiting period is 12 months.
- Paid Time Off accrual of 128 hours per year, with accelerated accruals at various levels of tenure
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- Participation in the company’s Team Member Incentive Plan (TIP), which rewards members of the company for meeting or exceeding quality shipping targets, up to 3% of base compensation. The compensation waiting period is 4 months.