Title: Shipping Team Member
Reports To: Shipping Team Leader/Production Manager
EEO Category: Laborers and Helpers
The primary role of a shipping team member is to assist and process shipments leaving our facility as well as receiving and organizing inbound shipments and supplies.
The shipping team member is responsible for efficiently and effectively processing orders and shipments via the approved shipping methods, following all procedures, documenting and retaining records of shipments as required. Knowledge and adherence to compliance guidelines are essential. Receive daily shipments, following the procedures, documenting necessary paperwork.
Early Stage Expectations (First 6 months)
- Spend the first 60 days working with the department to learn the UPS and FedEx systems of shipping US based and international based shipments. The international based shipments require extensive training on compliance knowledge and training.
- Learning products, understanding the shipping criteria of the products, E. G. FFL requirements for cartridge fired projectors.
- Learn proper procedures of receiving daily shipments.
- Exhibit team based skills to streamline the department with processes to ensure 100% accuracy in daily shipments.
- Keep a safe and organized shipping area, staging area, and dock.
- Effectively communicate concerns and offer solutions to improve the department.
- Be process driven.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Forklift and Big Joe training, can be obtained thru PDI.
- Demonstrate organizational and communication skills, as well as attention to details.
- Haz Mat Training, can be obtained thru PDI.
- DOT awareness
- 5 S training
Education & Experience
High school Diploma- GED
Mental & Physical Requirements
In order to carry out the responsibilities of this position the following mental and physical requirements are required:
- Profile must possess critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Able to lift 50-75 lbs
- Standing, Walking, Speaking, Writing, and Use of computer.
- During the term of employment, the Associate shall perform such duties for the Company as are commensurate with the position she/he holds and as shall be reasonably required by their immediate supervisor which will require, at times, more than 40 hours per work week.
Compensation & Benefit Considerations
PDI offers all Associates a comprehensive compensation and benefit plan as well as a positive and family-centered work environment. The following items will be provided as compensation and benefits for this position.
Base Pay and Benefits
- An annual base salary commensurate with experience will be provided
- All benefits of full-time employment including medical, dental and vision insurance for the associate and dependents is available. Benefits are provided in compliance with the company’s Summary Plan Descriptions and contribution rates for associates and dependents are determined annually. The benefit waiting period is 60-days.
- Participation in PDI’s 401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% match of the associate’s gross income. The benefit waiting period is 12 months.
- Vacation accrual of 10 days per year, with accelerated accruals at various levels of tenure
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- 6 days of accrued sick leave per year
- Participation in the company’s Associate Incentive Plan (AIP), which rewards members of the company for meeting or exceeding quality shipping targets as a prorated portion of base compensation. The compensation waiting period is four months after fulltime status.
Complete our online application
PLEASE NOTE: This process involves answering 20 questions, and uploading a digital file, containing your resume and cover letter. Please allow time to complete the entire process, at one time. There is not a time limit on the process, but if your connection is interrupted, some answers may be lost. You may want to create a separate document with your answers prepared, so you can copy them into the questionnaire.
Your resume upload will be the last step, and acceptable formats and sizes are as follows:
- MS Word Document
- MS Excel Document
- 8MB file size limit